1 June 2020

CHRiS McGREGOR GROUP :: Ronnie Scott's, London 1967


I don't remember where I found this, maybe in contributions section. Anyway here it is remastered, very early version of Brotherhood of Breath, albeit not yet using that moniker.

CHRiS McGREGOR GROUP - 31 December 1967, Ronnie Scott's, London

1. White Lines (5:30)
2. Travelling Somewhere (6:05)
3. New Year Carnival (10:40)
4. Nick Tete (10:42)
5. The Bride (12:32)

Chris McGregor - piano
John Surman - baritone saxophone
Ronnie Beer - tenor saxophone
Dudu Pukwana, Mike Osborne - alto saxophone
Jimmy Phillips - soprano saxophone
Mongezi Feza, Pat Higgs, Mick Collins - trumpet
Malcolm Griffiths, Chris Pyne - trombone
Dave Holland - bass
Alan Jackson - drums

24 comments:

miloo2 said...

FLAC @ MEGA

doghouse said...

Thanks a lot miloo2 - much appreciated - Alan Jackson was a very solid and busy drummer in the 60's - anybody any idea what happened to him ?

DRONSZ said...

Thanks a lot! What a great lineup...

JColtrane said...

Thanks a lot for the music and for the Mega

Doug S. said...

This is wonderful. Thanks for sharing a remastered version!

francisco santos said...

BIG THX!...

Vanderbrötz said...

Wow thank you !

softnucleus said...

Fantastic!
A million of thanks, Miloš!

AC said...

Many thanks for this!

agmosk said...

Amazing! Thank you very much!

BT said...

Much appreciated

Solomon said...

Thank you!

Des Cargar said...

Thanks for this, and for the benefit of "doghouse" above, google "Alan Jackson Jazz Drummer" and head to the wiki page....

doghouse said...

Thanks Des - funnily enough I had thought of that but unfortunately I can't find a link that leads me to the "right" Alan Jackson

unitstructure said...

Thanks.Wonderful.Uplifting.

Guitarradeplastico,scraping oddities said...

Many thanks

ritzbird said...

Just found this ! Many thanks for keeping it alive.

Ernst Grgo Nebhuth said...

After more than five years - thank you, Milo!

Davido said...

Hello, is it possible to reup please? The link is dead...Thanks

miloo2 said...

NEW LiNK -- https://1fichier.com/?9rau17r6q4uimm8734c3

Ernst Grgo Nebhuth said...

Just searched for it - but didn't find it. But Miloo stepped in! At least from my side there's a documentary: https://www.swisstransfer.com/dl/01a057f8-4918-70e2-8805-468c445d95bc

miloo2 said...

Thank you Ernst, the documentary is very welcome!

Davido said...

Thanks a lot!
@Ernst: The subtitle files (.srt) of the documentary are empty, do you think you have them good somewhere?

Ernst Grgo Nebhuth said...

Hi Davido, unfortunately I do not have any subtitles. I've uploaded it just as I've received it back then.