29 September 2018

PIERRE FAVRE QUARTETT "PIERRE FAVRE QUARTETT" (WERGO, 1969)



Have the LP since several years. Plus I got a rip from a friend years before I found the vinyl.
The sound of the rip seemed to be really OK. But it had a lot of nasty scratches which caused many clicks and some pops. Tried to remove as many as possible. (cover from the www)

Especially great to my recent listening experience is the bass of PK - but it is all along a classic.
 All four musicians still young and at the beginning of their considerable musical achievements.




Pierre Favre, drums
Evan Parker, soprano & tenor saxophone
Irène Schweizer, piano
Peter Kowald, double bass


A.  What Happened To The Old Cop Sets, Clancy?     19:18
B1. Lovers     3:35
B2. Dedication (For John C.)     15:56


Recorded: November 1969, Tonstudio Max Lussi, Basel.

WERGO WER 80004

(vinyl rip)

12 comments:

Ernst Grgo Nebhuth said...

1fichier

Vanderbrötz said...

WOW Ernst thank you !!!

dahomey said...

Thanx a lot!

wightdj said...

One of my old favs, Ernst, Same quartet did a live Pori set that I might have gotten here. I can post if needed.

Francesc said...

Many thanks Ernst

Ernst Grgo Nebhuth said...

Hi wightdj, the Pori set wasn't posted here a.f.a.I.r. - maybe in the contributions section?
I got mine years ago from an avid collector of ROIO's (more than 55.000 in his collection).
But please go on - post the Pori set.
Cheers

jeff said...

Great post, Ernst. Thanks
@wightdj I second the request for posting this quartets Pori set also;)

jim said...

Thank you Ernst, the Pori set Yea!

john said...

Great, thanks for this early material which I know of but hadn't ever heard.

Brewing Luminous said...

Thank you for this great material!

-Otto- said...

This is so much fun. Thank you for the fine rip you're offering here, EGN! The few clicks and knicks can easily be forgiven. Thanks!

Ernst Grgo Nebhuth said...

Maybe one day I'll try to rip my vinyl copy. It seems it is in a better condition the the friend's LP.