21 September 2018

MIHO KEI & JAZZ ELEVEN "KOKEZARU KUMIKYOKU" (MCA, 1971)




Here's what mvns about this LP: "Arranged and composed by Keitaro Miho (he didn't perform in this album), this is a spiritual adventure to a world where traditional Japanese music clashes and melts with contemporary jazz improvisations. The result is a monster of an album, with soaring vocals, searing saxophone and shakuhachi solos, mad electric piano action, uplifting koto strummings, as well as grooves so hard it feels you got punched in the gut."
  [There is a CD version (out-of-print) which is a disaster, sound quality-wise - crude needle-drop. There's also a vinyl reissue but it's out-of-print as well]




Takeru Muraoka, soprano & tenor saxophone, indian flute
Takehisa Suzuki, trumpet
Minoru Muraoka, shakuhachi
Suma No Arashi (Hideakira Sakurai, Kazuo Kojima, Nozomu Nakatani), koto
Ryo Kawasaki, electric guitar
Masahiko Satoh, electric piano, harpsichord
Yasuo Arakawa, electric bass
Kikutada Katada, tsuzumi (japanese hour-glass shaped drum)
Akira Ishikawa, drums
Takeshi Inomata, drums


A1. Mizaru   6:33
A2. Kikazaru 4:38
A3. Iwazaru  6:59
B1. Kine     7:16
B2. Nomen    7:39


MCA Records JMC-5026 (promo LP, 1971)

(vinyl rip)

7 comments:

Ernst Grgo Nebhuth said...

1fichier

correct silence said...

I think that there have been two cd reissues, I had the first one published by "bridge" from the lp because obviously the masters have been lost, but in my memory the sound of the cd reissue was not bad, I talk about the first reissue published maybe ten years ago but I can't check exactly I have sold this cd long time ago.

francisco santos said...

BIG THX!...

apf said...

Thank you

BT said...

Many thanks

Unknown said...

Very nice and, for me at least, very different.
Thank you very much.
I dropped the titles into Google translate and got these:

To not see
I will not listen
To see
Pestle
Noh mask

I have not idea how accurate they are.

Brewing Luminous said...

Thank you!