Wonderful music from the under-recognised Rudolf Dašek. Joined here by the grandseigneur of czech jazz Karel Ružicka on piano and Zbigniew Wegehaupt - whom I didn't know before - on bass.
It starts quite conventional. But already during the first piece they show a idiosyncratic way of interpretating this song by Carla Bley. All other takes are originals by the musicians and they arouse an appetite for more music by this group.
Original guitar playing and a drummer out of dreams - Andrew Cyrille.
Not without a cause Andrew Cyrille is clearly to be heard saying: "YEAH".
RUDOLF DAšEK "MEZIPRISTANI - INTER-LANDING"
Rudolf Dašek, guitar
Karel Ružicka, piano
Zbigniew Wegehaupt, double bass
Andrew Cyrille, drums
1. Kocicí ocí - Olhos de gato (Carla Bley) 08:38
2. Jako vcera - Like Yesterday (Rudolf Dašek) 06:28
3. Fašank - Fashank (Rudolf Dašek) 08:44
4. Nech to tak - Let it stay (Karel Ružicka) 05:36
5. Vše,co zustalo - Everything That's Left (Rudolf Dašek) 06:57
6. Mezipristani - Inter-Landing (Rudolf Dašek) 09:12
Recorded at the Supraphon Mozarteum Studio, Prague on April 10/11, 1983.
SUPRAPHON 1115 3279 H
(flac + cover in comments)