21 April 2009

Sonny Rollins - Aix en Provence 1959


cd rip, 320 mp3, Royal Jazz

Number 6 from I Forgot Clifford. When I started the Clifford blog, I thought there would be more head bangers than toe tappers and was surprised later to find Sonny Rollins and Max Roach in the top ten! This is another rare find in France, great rhythm section.

Sonny Rollins - ts
Henry Grimes - bass
Kenny Clarke - drums

Woody n you
But not for me
Lady Bird

March 11, 1959, Aix en Provence, France

http://rapidshare.com/files/207115455/aix.rar

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow- a really incredible set. And with Henry Grimes, no less. Will be seeing Mr. Rollins next month- perfect timing on this post. Thank you!

dputydwg said...

Thanks always looking for Kenny Clarke after his move to France

Anonymous said...

Thanks a million for this one!

Luis said...

I must really thank you for this wonderful post. Regards