23 April 2023

Horace Tapscott important program of reissue


Nimbus West records have started a big program of issuing unpublished recordings from Horace Tapscott’s Pan African Peoples arkestra. A total of 11 cd mostly double will cover one concert from 1978 and ten from 1979. All the concerts were done at the Immanuel United Church of Christ (I.U.C.C) where Horace Tapscott managed a program of support to the black musicians around the Los Angeles community. Unfortunately the first volume is already sold out, it was pressed at 250 copies. Obviously Nimbus didn’t suppose that the reactions were so positive so fast. So the ten others volumes will be pressed at 333 copies and a program of subscription is also available. For $225 it is possible to buy all the 10 volumes or it is also possible to buy each volume separately. It is in my opinion a rare opportunity to follow a group during several month of Sunday concerts given several times by month in 1979.

https://www.nimbuswestrecords.com 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tip. I just ordered volume two.

correct silence said...

This message is for all the people who have subscribed to the reissue program of Horace Tapscott & The Pan Afrikan Peoples Arkestra.
I personally subscribed to it in April 2023 when it was launched. All subscribers had the choice to receive each volume separately or two by two etc, or wait the whole series to receive it in one time.
At first I decided to wait but in October i found two strange things. First the volumes were not published in order from 1 to 11 but in disorder. Secondly there have been a delay of several weeks but we didn’t receive any information about this. I had to write twice to get the information. Considering this situation I have decided to ask them to ship the volumes that are already available but after 3 emails I get no answer from Nimbus West. So I wonder if others people have that kind of problems.
Thank to let me know in advance.