16 September 2018

MILE AND HALF "MILE AND HALF" (TARUHO FARM, 1987)



Our contributor mvns means: "...a real nice free jazz shredder". And I can't agree more.




Naohiro Kawashita, soprano & tenor saxophone
Daisuke Fuwa, bass
Shiro Ohnuma, drums


A1.  P-Man, Nasu Itame (Daisuke Fuwa) 9:58
A2.  Denki No Teki (Naohiro Kawashita) 9:43
A3.  Mile And Half (Naohiro Kawashita) 7:07
B1.  Umi (Naohiro Kawashita) 22:47



Live recorded October 25, 1987 at "In The Zazzy".


Taruho Farm 1002 (vinyl rip)

9 comments:

Ernst Grgo Nebhuth said...

1fichier

BT said...

Thank-you

armando said...

Thanks a lot, mvns and Ernst!

Solomon said...

Thank you!

correct silence said...

a very exciting group and a real trio, not the saxophonist in front and the rhythm section behind like in many case. I can say that we are very proud to features this series of rare Japanese music on the blog, they are not all my cup but all are interesting, thank to the generous contributor to share is great and rare collection.
Does someone have ever listened to Fedayien? It is the same band as this record.

jeff said...

Thanks to mvns and Ernst for this one.
@ correct silence. Yes I am familiar w/ Fedayien. Very interesting band.
A while back I got a few of their recordings here, during a small spree of Daisuke Fuwa related recordings, from Fuwa's Gekkan archival release label, posted by Nick (& Mads)!

Brewing Luminous said...

thanks!

Manic_exposure said...

Hah, nice, I have this LP in storage. I remember buying it on a whim on ebay ages ago and spending more than I wanted, like $60. discogs prices on this one are pretty silly nowadays seems. glad to a have a carefully ripped flac of this since I can't just pull it off the shelf. Much respect. This crew of people don't get enough love in my opinion.

Thomas Kyhn said...

Thanks!!