Paraphrasing the title of a song by G.Monchur III (that Shepp
has played countless times) we can say: Archie's back!
It seems that after years of weary routine, the "old lion" is
enjoying a second youth, even thanks to the most appropriate
choice of partners.
Great concert, and exiting the stage, Shepp has candidly admitted
that they forgot to play a B-Flat Blues...
Rec. live at "Teatro Romano", Verona, Italy, on July 1st,
2011 (mics recording)
Archie Shepp,tenor & soprano sax,vocal
1. U-Jamaa [A.Shepp] (12:34)
2. Don't Get Around Much Anymore [D.Ellington] (09:38)
3. Body And Soul [J.Green] (11:18)
4. Blue Bossa [K.Dorham] (07:50)
5. Let My Peple Go [Traditional] (08:52)
6. Sometimes I Feel Like A Motherless Child [Traditional] (07:02)
Total Time 57:17
Sometimes I Feel Like A Motherless Child