26 March 2018

SHINTARO QUINTET "EVOLUTION" (STREETNOISE, 1984)



This is the first of two vinyl rips I've got from mvns 12 days ago - my appreciation goes to him!
Both LPs were unknown to me although I see Shunzo Ohno and Bob Kenmotsu on this recording.



 Robert Kenmotsu, tenor saxophone
Shunzo Ohno, trumpet
Jeff Jenkins, piano
Shintaro Nakamura, bass
Fukushi Tainaka, drums

1. Future On You 6:30   
2. Don't Forget Me 6:07   
3. Sweet And Sour Sound 8:15   
4. Evolution 10:53   
5. A Blind Man 10:58

Recorded at Hi-Five Studio, New York on January 10 and 13, 1984.

STREETNOISE RECORDS NS-1002 (LP)

15 comments:

Ernst Grgo Nebhuth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
francisco santos said...

BIG THX!...

correct silence said...

Rudy Van Gelder, fate of this body!

Ernst Grgo Nebhuth said...

Rudy Van Gelder??

correct silence said...

or Alfred Lion?

Porer said...

BIG THX!

Ernst Grgo Nebhuth said...

Hi correct silence - what do you mean?

correct silence said...

I just wanted to say that this album have really the sound of the blue note productions of the sixties, particularly in the horns arrangements. I used to have it on cd but I didn't know that the label have published a second record, I thought that there was only one album on this label, I'm curious about the music of the second record, is it the same band?

Ernst Grgo Nebhuth said...

The second LP isn't from the same band. I'll post it soon.

correct silence said...

In fact I have totally forgotten this record and downloaded it from your post and when I listened to it I remembered that I had a cd reissue of it published probably around 2005 but I sold it maybe ten years ago, so it was not immediately in my memory. Waiting for the second lp from this label.

Ernst Grgo Nebhuth said...

...not even the same label....

BT said...

Thank-you

Solomon said...

Thank you!

Unknown said...

Thank you , dope album. And thank you for the link

Ernst Grgo Nebhuth said...

Removed link - it is available as official dl (and CD / LP) on an extended edition.
https://bbemusic.bandcamp.com/album/evolution