10 June 2026

HANK MARR - SOUNDS FROM THE MARR-KET PLACE (KING RECORDS, 1967)

 


RIP James Blood Ulmer

A1.  The Marr-Ket Place
A2.  Soup Spoon
A3.  Smothered Soul
A4.  I Remember Acapulco
A5.  Greens A-Go-Go

B1.  Down In The Bottom
B2.  My Dream Just Passed
B3.  Home Fries
B4.  Come And Get It
B5.  Get On Down

Hank Marr, organ
James Ulmer, guitar
George Adams (?) or Rusty Bryant (?), tenor saxophone 
Taylor Orr (?), drums

Sidemen are uncredited.

King Records, King-1025

LP Rip


12 comments:

Nick said...

1f

AD

rev.b said...

Of all the releases posted in JBU's' memory, that has to be the most obscure, least known of them all. Thanks Nick.

Kris said...

Some link?...

Nick said...

Link is back

correct silence said...

I have totaly forgot this lp that I heard maybe 25 years ago at a friend's house. He is crazy of soul jazz but didn't know James Blood Ulmer. I was very surprised at the time to hear him in that kind of context. Thank you Nick to have brought me back this memory.

JColtrane said...

Thank you very much

BT said...

Thank-you very much

Mattman said...

Thanks for this... Totally unknown organist for me, and surprised (like correct silence) to see James Blood Ulmer in this style of music. Interesting !

unitstructure said...

Ohh that sounds good!Thank you!

Pigfoot said...

Thanks for this one - as yet unheard.

apf said...

Thank you Nick!

Bhowani said...

Merci beaucoup, Nick !