5 February 2021

JORMIN - GUSTAFSSON - JORMIN "UMEÅ, 1997"

 


Here we have a contribution by inamorata (another one will follow)



***
Jormin - Gustafsson - Jormin
December 11, 1997
Umea, Sweden

Anders Jormin, bass
Mats Gustafsson, saxes and clarinet (?) [fluteophone??]
Christian Jormin, drums

01 Broadcast intro  0:53
02 What reason could I give? (Ornette Coleman)  7:42
03 Korpo II (Gustafsson)  11:30
04 Apus Apus (Jormin/Gustafsson/Jormin)  11:47
05 Unidentified  18:19
06 Unidentified  8:24
07 Broadcast outro  0:19

TT 58:54

inamorata second remaster version

This comes from a Swedish radio broadcast of a great live performance of music from the “Opus Apus” CD (LJ Records LJCD 5212, 1996). I picked it up on dimeadozen.org in 2012 and posted a remastered version there in 2016. In December 2020 I made a new version which, I think, sounds quite nice given the difficult source material. For information on the editing and remastering see the info file.

This is improvised music and I find it difficult to identify compositions. Except for trach 02, I’m not sure if I got it right (and if my guess concerning the Swedish outro is right the announcer disagrees with my identification of track 03).

The Opus Apus CD may still be available at the JL Records website (http://www.lj-records.se/). At any rate, a digital download can be purchased at Gustafsson’s Bandcamp site (https://matsgustafsson.bandcamp.com/album/opus-apus). Highly recommended!

***


6 comments:

Ernst Grgo Nebhuth said...

1fichier

Vanderbrötz said...

Many thanks!

JColtrane said...

Thank you very much

BT said...

Excellent! Thank-you.

corvimax said...

I liked the Opus Apus , so this is welcome, thank you

Jan said...

Hi. Thanks for all. Fisher does not work unfortunately. Can I ask for another option?
All the best!!