5 August 2018

MASAOMI KONDO - 植物誌 ひとりぼっちの部屋 (CANYON, 1971)



Here we have another high quality rip by mvns - my thanks goes to him.


Kondo Masaomi is a well know Japanese actor who made this one-off LP in 1971. He raps away on 6 tracks about various plant species such as the Mandragora, breathing out an endangered atmosphere that borders at times on sheer anarchy and agitation.



Takeru Muraoka, soprano saxophone
Hiroshi Suzuki, trombone
Kiyoshi Sugimoto, guitar
Masahiko Satoh, piano, electric piano, music
Masaoki Terakawa, electric bass
Akira Ishikawa, drums
Masaomi Kondo, voice
Michio Yamagami, lyrics

A1. ツタ             9:55
A2. オリーブ     9:36
A3. キャベツ     2:03
B1. サボテン     8:26
B2. マンドラゴラ     7:03
B3. バイバブ     4:45










Transliterations (titles):
A1. Ivy
A2. Olive
A3. Cabbage
B1. Cactus
B2. Mandragora
B3. Baobab 







Canyon CAL-3002 (vinyl rip)


15 comments:

Ernst Grgo Nebhuth said...

1fichier

francisco santos said...

BIG THX!...

Guitarradeplastico,scraping oddities said...

ole

Unknown said...

Can you tell me what the name of the overall album translates to? Thank you!

Ernst Grgo Nebhuth said...

Hi Unknown - as I do not speak Japanese (nor write) I do not know the title of the LP.
But a short search at the www revealed that 植物誌 probably means something like flower(s).
Searching the second part of the title at the www only shows me pictures of nice (dressed ones!) Japanese ladies.

BT said...

Many thanks

Dominic said...

Many thanks for this.

I saw that the title should be read as:

Masaomi Kondo & The Freedom Unity - Hitoribochi no Heya

But I could not find any more specific information about the translation or place of the recording or when.

Ernst Grgo Nebhuth said...

Thank you Dominic for your research. Appreciated!

icastico said...

Loving this. Thanks.

indigonoir said...

I asked my friend Yuko and she says it is difficult to translate. She tells me it either translates to "Lonely (person's) Room" or "Botanical Magazine", with the probability that "Magazine" could also be "Periodical". I reckon I will be making up my own title from this. Eheheheheheh.

Thanks for sharing Ernst. I am looking forward to listening to this album.

Ernst Grgo Nebhuth said...

Thanks indigonoir - I shall do the same. As the titles have all flower names I shall choose "lonely person's botanical periodical (or magazine??).
Cheers

mike said...

Thanks for posting, I guess, but God, this is awful! LOL

SlexaUran said...

Thanks for 24/96

Brewing Luminous said...

Thank you

mike said...

I take back my comment from 2018 about this being "awful".

The music by The Freedom Unity is great!

This blog needs more from The Freedom Unity!