All of the musicians listed below are known for their contribution to the evolution of what we call creative impovised music....except Robert "Bob" Scholer.
Here is what I found today at the www -
This one is for our new members. Both were already contributors for some time before joining at IS.
Hope you - Andy! Nick! like it.
MANFRED SCHOOF OCTET "KÖLN, 1970"
Manfred Schoof, trumpet, fluegelhorn
Gerd Dudek, tenor & soprano saxophone
Michel Pilz, bass clarinet
John Surman, baritone & soprano saxophone, bass clarinet
Alexander Von Schlippenbach, piano
J.B. "Buschi" Niebergall, bass, trombone
Robert Scholer, bass
Paul Lovens, drums, percussion
Dietrich Schulz-Köhn, announcer
1. Introduction (Dietrich Schulz-Köhn) 01:37
2. Continental Context (M. Schoof) 08:05
3. Globe City (A. von Schlippenbach) 21:23
4. Intersections (M. Schoof) (Part 1) 02:42
5. Intersections (M. Schoof) (Part 2) 03:05
6. Intersections (M. Schoof) (Part 3) 04:18
7. Intersections (M. Schoof) (Part 4) 03:27
8. Unknown Title 21:32
9. Piercing (M. Schoof) 08:53
Recorded at WDR Studio 2, Annostrasse, Köln on February 18, 1970.